Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Grandparents Day....

Sunday, as I understand, was Grandparents day.  I think there is something special about grandparents.
Grandparents are awesome!

I've talked before on here about my close relationship with my grandparents and it is my hope that our children get to know and have a similar relationship. 

Sadly we didn't get to celebrate grandparents day with a single grandparent, but that didn't mean we didn't think of them.  Actually we thought of all of them... a lot.

I decided to ask each of the kids why they love each of their grandparents and what makes them so special.  Here is what the kids said.

Gabriel: 

Grandpa Chip:  Is special to me because he is an awesome person and he is willing to play the things I like to play.  He likes to play sports with me.

Grandma Darlene: Grandma is special to me because has taken me to fun places like Disney World and Valleyfair to spend time together.

Nana is special because she is nice to me and she makes awesome food.  I wish I could have a whole bunch of her food.

Papa is a nice because he likes to play the Wii with me.  We don't go against each other (only on certain games) but it is better when we work together on the same team.

Grandma Hazel is a very nice person because she lets me play at her house when we visit her and she is really nice to other people.

Grandma Dorie is a nice person because she likes what I do and she likes to play baseball with me!

Grandpa Ray is a one of a kind person because he fought in the war for us.  I think he is very special because of that.  Even when he got shot he stayed alive and came home.  He is really special.


Michael: 

 Papa:  I love Papa because he always play video games with me and I love video games.  That's why I love Papa.

Nana:  I love Nana because she always makes lefse for me and I LOVE lefse.

Grandpa Chip:  Grandpa is special to me because he lets me play his I-pad, he gives me a lot of candy and he visits us.  That's how I know he loves me.

Grandma Darlene:  I love Grandma.  Grandma is nice to me, she teaches me right from wrong and she plays with me.

Grandpa Ray is very impressive because he was in the war and got shot but he is still alive.  That is impressive.  I know that he loves me because he likes to spend time with us by coming to Arizona.

Grandma Hazel: I know Grandma Hazel loves me because she lets me do what to when I visit her.

Grandma Dorie:  I love Grandma Dorie because every time we visit her she plays baseball with me and she goes down to the lake with and one time we  got a frog.

Isabelle (possibly with the help of mom)

Grandpa Ray has the best leg to run up and hug.  When he stays with us, Io run up to him, give him my Minnie to hold and then I hug his leg.

Grandma Dorie teaches me that life is full of enjoyment and happiness at any age.  And I love the fact that she keeps me in her thoughts and prayers.

Grandma Hazel has some of the best toys to play with.  From her twirling chairs to her special chair with the tennis balls on the bottom.  I like to play with that.  And last, but not least, she gives wonderful hugs.

Nana is the worlds best blankie maker.  Nana must have put a lot of love into those blankies because they are the best things in the whole world.  I love them and my Nana.  I think of her every time I see my blankies.

Papa is my favorite person to call on the phone.  It doesn't matter if its mom's real phone or my pretend phone, every time mom asks me who I'm talking to, I always tell her its Papa.  He's such a great listener, that's why I love to talk to him!

Grandpa Chip makes the best silly faces.  My favorite is when we stick our tongues out at each other.  He makes my tummy tickle when he talks on the computer with me.  He's so funny!

Grandma Darlene has magical powers.  She can make Minnie Mouse talk.  For some reason my Minnie Mouse only talks and dances when Grandma comes to visit me.  I love her magical powers.



While each of us love our grandparents for the unique and special ways they make us feel, there's one thing we share in common.  Its how we feel about them.  There's something truly special about grandparents.  I think they are given the title of "grand" for a reason.  How lucky we are to have such wonderful "Grand" people in our lives.

Nana!
Papa!

 Grandma Dorie!
 Grandma Hazel!
 Grandpa Chip!
 Grandma Darlene!
Grandpa Ray!


Happy Grandparents Day!  We love you all!

Until next time,
Angie, Gabriel, Michael, and Isabelle

No comments:

Post a Comment