Most of us were happy. Some of us (ahem mom) were ecstatic! Yesterday, in preparation for today, I made the kids fill out a sign that listed their favorite things... their favorite food, movie, book. It also asked them what they wanted to be when they grow up.
Unlike last year, this year I decided to make a sign for Isabelle too. In all fairness she started a new classroom today too... the older 2 year old room. I know, I know, I feel the same way. Where did my little baby go? She's growing up, scratch that, all three of them are growing up so quickly.
Today we sent into the world a 3rd grader, a 2nd grader and yes an "older-2 year old".
Here are a few pictures from this morning before we dropped the kids off at school.
Gabriel's favorite movie is The Lego Movie, for food it is Ramen Noodles, his favorite book is the Declaration of Independence (he gets that from his dad), his favorite activity is sports and to no surprise he wants to be a baseball player when he grows up.
Michael's favorite movie is also The Lego Movie, his favorite food is "mom's food" (I think he means my cooking as I don't often share my food). His favorite book is Bad Cat and his favorite activity is video games. I think he may have looked at Gabriel's paper when he decided what he wants to be when he grows up because seconds earlier he said, "Mom, I'm going to just write down I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, because I have no idea. How am I suppose to know, I"m only 7 years old!" Guess he didn't like the fact I told him he had to write down something.
And then there's Isabelle's paper. She may have had some help from Mom. Her favorite movies are: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Minnie's Boutique, Wiggles, Frozen and Hoop Dogs. Her favorite foods are yogurt, Goldfish, chicken, milk or anything with sugar. Her favorite book is her My First Highlights books and her favorite activities are painting and playing with Minnie Mouse. When she grows up she wants to be a BOSS. If she can run a house and 4 family members at the age of 2.5, one day she's going to be a great leader of some organization.
Some days it seems like we just became parents and in other ways I can't remember my life without them. I look forward to what this next academic year will bring and hope that my children learn as much as they can, develop into stronger, more caring and generous young people and continue to grow their love of learning.
Until next time,
Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment