Monday, June 14, 2010

To Infinion and Beyond...

To my boys...
You guys are into Toy Story. With Toy Story 3 coming soon to a theater near all of us, Buz Lighyear, Woody, Jessie and the rest of the gang seem to be all around. When you moved in with us, one of the first movies we watched as a family was Toy Story. Daddy and I had never really watched the whole movie but now we are just as addicted to it as you are.

We have Toy Story 3 fruit snacks, Toy Story pajamas (well Mom and Dad don't but you do), Toy Story coloring books, figurines; we even have Toy Story 3 cereal that you want for breakfast, lunch and dinner. With all of this Toy Story business around our house you can imagine there are a few lines from the movies that you like to repeat over and over. Just one of those lines is the infamous Buz Lightyear line of "To Infinity and Beyond" What is so cute, at least to me, is that you Gabriel think the line is, "To Infinion and Beyond" And Michael, after you heard Gabriel say it a few times, you follow right in line and repeat it just the same... "To Infinion and Beyond" I'll have to get you on tape but for tonight if I were to describe you saying it, it would go something like this...

You both bend over at the waist, bend your knees and with a deep breath ,you wind up your voices and shout from the bottom of your bellies... "TOOOOO INFINIONNNNN AND BEEEEEYOND!!!!" To conclude the quote you jump in the air as high as you can just like you are an astronaut being shot into space, or in this case Buz Lightyear taking off.

We are looking forward to the release of Toy Story 3 not just because we are hoping to see it in the theater (for our first trip) but also because you get to go see it with your family back in Iowa. Megan, your aunt, mommy's sister said she would like to take you to see it and you have not forgotten her comment. You frequently ask, "Is today the day we go to Iowa so I can see Megan and Toy Story 3?" Only a few more days boys. And then you proceed to tell me all the names of your family back in Iowa. Megan... and MaeLyn,... and Grandpa... and Grandma... and Uncle Jonas... and (then you ask) who else mom? After I rattle off a list of many many more people you say, "Yea Mom and them too!"

You boys make me laugh and smile. Everyday there is something new that you say or do and it reminds me just how thankful I should be and how truly blessed I am. Whether you are screaming at the top of your lungs, "To Infinion and Beyond" or you wanting to put on my makeup so you can be like me (yet another post), or you coming to me with a sad pouty face and a quivering lower lip, "Mom, I broke fill in the blank and I promise I won't break it again, these are the moments I've been patiently waiting for. I think children truly understand what life is all about and both of you seem to live for each moment and have fun doing it! Thank you Gabriel and Michael for teaching me so many lessons, I think I learn more from you than you learn from me. Just remember when you are too cool to tell your mom you love her, just remember I'll always love you to infinity and beyond.

Good night my angels,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment