Isabelle is three months. It is crazy to think that she can already be three months old. Where have the past three months gone... oh that's right they've been filled with lots of diaper changes, continuous feeding and some sleep(less) nights. In a way, it has been a blur. But a blur filled with many highlight moments, many many hours of smiling stares and so much love that my heart hurts.
Isabelle now weighs 10 lbs, 08 oz! She cracked the double digit mark and she is on her way to catch up with the percentile curve the doctor always talks about. In the last few days, it seems like her stomach just can't get enough. When we brought her home from the hospital all I felt like I did was change her and feed her and in a way, as I prepare to go back to work, I feel like we are in repeat from the first few days of her life. Just this morning, I prepared bottles, fed her, showered, changed the load of wash, quickly ate a bowl of cereal and she was hungry again. So I fed her and then raced to the grocery store. On our way home from the store, she woke up and decided it was time to eat again. So I fed her, and then I started making lunch. Now she is up again, and I'm feeding her as I type this.
I'm guessing with all of this eating she is getting ready to grow again. Jarrett and I were just commenting last night how long she is. So we measured her, she's over 2 feet tall.. yep 24 1/2 inches at 3 months. She is going to pass up her mom in height probably before she is 10.
She continues to be an excellent cat napper sleeping no more than 35 minutes at a time and only a few (3, maybe 4) times a day. This is not something her daycare teacher enjoys hearing but I'm okay with it as long as the nighttime routine continues. It also means though, I get very few things done each day. Within the past two days of her eating non-stop, she has also developed a new pattern of wanting mommy to hold her all the time. Maybe she can sense the fact that I'll be going back to work and our weekdays together are quickly coming to an end. Or maybe it is just that mom has spoiled her in the first two months and how she is used to it. Everyone tells me they grow up quickly and since Isabelle will most likely be my one and only experience of having a baby of my own, I admit I hold her as much as I can. I keep telling myself, there will be time to dust and clean the house when the kids are all grown. Until then, the dust bunnies will be a frequent sight in our home I'm afraid.
Isabelle continues to be such a wonderfully happy baby and as long as she is fed, changed and around others, she is happy. She has been smiling for several weeks, but in the last couple of weeks her smile has grown into huge full, face smile. She stretches her smile from one side of her cheek to the other and although she doesn't have big cheeks, when she makes her BIG smile, it looks like she has her cheeks filled with food as they puff out.
One of Isabelle's other favorite things is taking a bath. She seems to love the water and plays/splashes like there's no tomorrow. In fact most of the time I have to refill her little tub because she splashes water all out of it. When bath time is over I'm covered with water, the counter is covered and the floor as well. I guess she has learned very quickly from her brothers and their bathing experiences. The other reason why I can tell she likes her bath so much is because she talks nonstop when she is in it and smiles when she takes a breath and break from talking.
Speaking of talking, aghee continues to be her favorite word although she's added some new vocabulary into the mix. She likes to gurgle her saliva and then makes high pitched screams. We think she's learned this from her friends at school or maybe she's realizing that if she ever wants to get a word in between her brothers talking, she is going to have to be louder than them.
And her brothers, they love her and she loves them. Besides smiling at Jarrett and I, she loves to smile at the boys. They've been great helps at feeding her, getting her binky, getting her burp cloth (which they now finally call a burp cloth instead of her throw up towel) and help with running to get me something when I'm trying to help her and forget an important item. They love her so much, they constantly ask me if we get to keep her forever and they talk about how they are going to help her do fill in the blank when she gets older. Just yesterday Michael, Isabelle and I had to run to our adoption agency to drop off some paper work and as we walked in Michael tugged at my pants. I looked down and he whispered, "Mom, are these the people who say if we get to keep Isabelle? " and before I could respond he said, "I'll be really good in here so they know I'll be a good brother for her." Just an example of how much they love her too.
I feel like there are so many things I'd love to record about her in the last three months that I find myself running out of memory in my brain to capture them. I've taken thousands upon thousands of pictures, and videos to recount it and I look forward to the day when I can post them here to share them with the world.
We continue to wait and pray that God blesses us and allows us to finalize her adoption into our lives as soon as possible. We have a court date coming up in July and so until then we pray that she will remain forever in our lives. Hopefully in July, we will get the courts approval that she is free for adoption and then we can issue our papers and petition to adopt her. If things were done under our timeline, we would have finalized the moment we found out about her, however one main lesson I've learned in life, is that things don't go according to my timeline or wishes. We follows God's plan (and in this case the courts plan).
I guess I could continue to ramble on and on about how much we love our little Isabelle and how she is a blessing to so many in so many ways, but as I look down with her, drinking a bottle that I hold up with my chin, I can tell it is time to burp, so I best close this post.
We love you Isabelle Grace and are so happy to have spent the lat three months with you. We look forward to watching you grow and that we can be together for our entire lifetime.
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment