Sunday, May 6, 2012

Puppet and Poopit...

Now that the sun comes up around 5 the boys are up and ready to sieze the day... Jarrett and I do everything we possibly can to squeeze every last minute of the night/morning into our sleep routine.  Even though Isabelle is a great sleeper at night, she wakes up most mornings between 4:00 and 4:30 to eat.  Needless to say, we now let the boys get up on their own, while we sleep in the next room

We've taught the boys, after many many mornings of reminding them to be quiet and threatening to send them back to bed, that if the want to get up that early, they had better be VERY QUIET!  And so usually they are quiet, or what quiet means to them.  To find a quiet activity, most of the time, they find a coloring book, and color pictures or draw pictures on blank pieces of paper.

This morning when I finally crawled out of bed and propped my eyes open, I found them hiding behind the couch working on a coloring art project.  I saw markers streun out about the floor, colors spread as far as I could see, and two pairs of sissors.  Behind the boys was a pile of paper scaps, it was clear they had been up for a while, as evidence by the mound of scraps.

I asked them what they were making and they said, "Puppets" for you, Isabelle, Jack and Dad.  See, here's one for Isabelle...
See Mom, it is as big as she is...

And here's her head, see it is tiny like hers.
And then there was Dad and my puppet...
In case it is hard to read it says, "Gabriel and Michael will remember you.  (heart)"  As Gabriel gave it to me, he said, Mom it is so you can keep it and know I will always remember you, even when I'm grown up and move to my own house. (This is from a conversation we had many months ago when I told them I wanted them to always know how much I loved them and never to forget it).

As Gabriel finished telling me what he had wrote, Michael said, "Mom, I didn't make you and Dad one, because you'll never forget me, I'm never going to move into my own house, I'm just going to live with you." Isn't that nice to know he says now he's never going to leave. :-)  We'll see if he changes his mind when he's a teenager.

And then it was time for the boys to show me what "puppet" they had made for Jack...

As they showed me his puppet, I admit I looked at them a little confused, I don't see the puppet part boys, I said.  That is when Gabriel explained it to me... "See Mom this part (the small thin end) goes over his head and this end (the thick part with the V points) goes on his bottom and he can wear it when we go for walks.  And this part (the pointy V end) will hold his poop when he goes." 

I started laughing of course, and he said, "Mom isn't it great?"!

Of course I responded and thought to myself, I'm not quite sure they understand what a puppet is, but oh well.  And as I told Nana the story about Jack's puppet  today she said, "Well it might not be much of a puppet, but they could call it a poop it! "

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment