For the last several months Gabriel and I have been having the same conversation every morning.
Gabriel yells, after finishing his shower... "Mom! Can I wear short today?"
Depending on the weather I respond yes or no. See when he first started asking to wear shorts it was the middle of winter, and although it doesn't get as cold as it does in the mid-west, it is still too cold to wear shorts. Despite it being winter, Gabriel saw each morning as an opportunity to beg, plead, and state his case for why he should get to wear shorts, despite the cold temperatures.
After several minutes of discussing, bargaining and batting proposals back and forth, we'd come to an agreement that when it was warmer than 75 outside he could wear shorts. For the last several weeks it has been shorts everyday and every morning, as sure as the sun comes up, Gabriel will yell from the shower... "Mom! Can I wear shorts?"
You can guess my surprise this afternoon when I picked Gabriel up from school when he announced that tomorrow he was going to wear pants to school.
"Really Gabriel, you are going to wear pants."
"Yes Mom, I am." He continued, "See Alexa says I look really handsome in my grey pants. She said you look like Justin Bieber. So that's why I'm going to wear pants mom."
I'm so glad to hear it really doesn't matter what the temperature is outside. Next winter, I'm going to go for the stance that the ladies will like him a lot more with pants on.
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment