This week the boys are on fall break and the days have been full of activity. We've been spending a tremendous amount of time outside as the weather is gorgeous! In fact, this morning as we walked to the park to play, I heard my boys echo each other in, dare I say, "Its cold outside" My how wimpy we've become. I'm sure most would say 70 isn't THAT cold.
 |
| A storm trooper with his little friend |
Anyway, the boys have been riding bike, playing baseball, football, riding their scooter and building with their Legos. They've been playing so hard, in fact they have bumps, bruises and cuts to show from it. See Gabriel below. This is after he tried to jump from one bench to the other in our backyard, and the hard ground took a punch to his jaw. Poor kid, looks like he has Jay Leno's chin today.
 |
| Right after the big fall happened. Doesn't took too bad but hurts a lot (those are his words). |
After 4 days of playing all day, I think they've finally realizing they are worn out. Today, after lunch, my boys asked me if they could take a nap. Yes, that is not a typing error. A NAP. After I picked myself up off the floor, wiped the drool from my mouth and closed by bottom jaw, I responded, SURE. Please go take a nap! And off they did. Unbelievable. I thought those days were over but boy did I enjoy my 45 minutes of quiet time. Its amazing how much I got done.
This afternoon after running some errands, and making our weekly visit to the library, the boys asked if we could have a movie night in Dad and my bed. It's become their favorite place to watch a movie. As they tell me "the movies are better in your room and the sheets are so cold I have to snuggle up to get warm. And you have the most pillows so we HAVE to watch the movie in there." The truth is they've been begging Dad and I to let them sleep in our bed, while we sleep in their bunk beds. Dad and I aren't so interested in their proposal. We allow the movie nights but the bed swap hasn't happened.
So tonight became family movie night. After bathing Isabelle, all of us, except poor dad who was still as work, crawled into our bed and watched Beverly Hills Chihuahua. The boys thought it was absolutely hilarious. I guess I couldn't tell you if it was, I was distracted by the wonder that filled our room. I was focused on soaking up all the happiness, the love and the simple enjoyment that surrounded me. When the boys laughed, Isabelle started giggling only because she thought her brothers were happy. And Jack was curled up, in his spot on the bed, happy as ever, for a few minutes of relief from his terror, (Isabelle). And as I soaked up their laughs, the cuddling between the kids, I took pictures in my mind and with my hands, because these are the moments in life that matter.
 |
| Michael's REALLY excited, Isabelle of course HAS to be in the middle and Gabriel, still icing his double chin |
I mentioned yesterday, that recent days have brought us a lot of stress, a lot of nerves and a lot of worry some thoughts. While I remind myself, our worries are minor, they are still worries. Hearing our children's laughter and seeing them hug one another and even their mom, remind me that while there are still worries out there, there are so many many blessings right in front of me today. And that the love and happiness of just being together, of watching a movie together under cool sheets and bountiful pillows, can make all the worries disappear as the the world seems, for just a while, all so perfect.
Until next time,
angie
No comments:
Post a Comment