Anyway, so as a part of his project he had to complete a huge written research project at school and at home, work on a display board and his speech he will give today at school. Its a big deal as the entire school is invited along with parents and family members to watch.
During the speech he has to pretend that he is President Bill Clinton and when someone touches him on the arm, he comes alive and gives an 'autobiography' of his life. The goal was to play the part in addition to knowing all the details.
Last night we had Gabriel practice what he was going to say, much to his dismay. He said he'd practice at school, but as someone who gives speeches or presents publicly as a part of their job, I told him practicing ahead of time is really important. So once again, big bad mom, made him do something he wasn't too interested in. (I hope some day, he'll realize my reason for it).
This morning he got all dressed for school, and of course as a proud mom, I made him take some pictures. I look forward to listening to him this afternoon to see how it goes as I know he worked very hard on this project..
Here's a few photos that capture our President Clinton for the day...
While we attempted to make him look like the current Bill Clinton and his hair, with jet black hair, we couldn't add enough powder to give him a truly distinguished look. But seriously, doesn't he look so much older with salt and pepper hair? I feel in a way, I'm looking at a senior citizen Gabriel sans wrinkles.
| The "I-have-serious-business-to-do-presidential look" |
And our usual Gabriel smile... I told him this would be a great campaign smile.
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment