Thursday, February 12, 2015

Their great dad...

Gabriel, Michael and Isabelle have a wonderful dad and this morning as I was getting ready for the day, I was reminded just how great he is.

I had just bathed Isabelle and while I was in the shower, Jarrett finished getting her ready.  Just as it is every other day, of course Isabelle wanted to wear her Elsa dress (we've given in and let her wear it everyday- it isn't worth the battle).  After getting her dress on, the next request was for her Elsa braid.  I listened to Jarrett talk with her as I finished getting the shampoo out of my hair.  Jarrett put detangler in her hair, then proceeded to comb it.  Meanwhile Isabelle just repeated over and over again, "Please can I have an Elsa braid?", "Please Dad."  I knew I had only a minute left before Isabelle would be opening my shower door telling me to get out so I could braid her hair.

When the minute passed and I didn't hear the shower door open, I wiped the glass shower door and saw this...

Yes, while you can't see Jarrett standing there, that it is him braiding her hair.  

I'll be honest, I definitely took a a second look and wiped my eyes again.  And then I couldn't help but smile.  Then I jumped out of the shower, ran across the bathroom to our bedroom, grabbed my phone, snapped a couple of pictures before hopping back into the shower.  Some moments are worth a ton of water all across one's floor.  

In watching Jarrett do his best at attempting to braid Isabelle's hair, I couldn't help but be reminded of just how lucky I am.  I am married to a wonderful man who works extremely hard to provide for us,  who jumps right in to help with the kids (and the dog) the minute he walks through the door and who is the perfect partner for me.

With Valentine's Day coming up Jarrett and I made an agreement we won't be spending any money or going out to a fancy dinner.  While roses are nice and a date night out as adults is wonderful, I'm thankful for the small gifts I get... like watching my partner jump in and braid his daughter's hair (even though he didn't really know what he was doing).  Sometimes, the simple things he does to take a little bit of the load off of me, are the best gifts I could get.

Thanks Jarrett for being such a wonderful dad.  The kid are blessed and so am I.

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment