Every
newborn baby deserves a fighting chance… Arizona Safe Baby Haven
Just a couple of weeks ago, I read the news story about a newborn baby boy found deceased in a dumpster. I thought about our Noah and how we didn’t
have a choice to say goodbye, and then I thought about that precious baby boy
that didn’t even get a chance.
| The headline to the story read.... Dead Newborn Baby Found in Dumpster. To read this sad story, click here |
While I can't imagine nor should I judge what a mother must think as she places her newborn, still breathing baby in a dumpster,I do know and can say this... there is always another choice. The Arizona Safe Baby Haven is a program where mothers can drop off their newborns or infants in a safe place, often a hospital or fire station and leave their child with no questions asked.
In the many years Jarrett and I struggled to become parents, I often though about how I would have given anything to become a mother. I would have loved, cared for, and cherished every and any child, God brought into my life. Now 12 years later, that feeling is even more confirmed, as I get to look daily in the eyes of my three beautiful children I am privileged to raise. While I am not the one who gave them life, I am charged with helping them create the best life possible.
In my opinion, every child, every infant, every baby deserves a chance to have a great life.
And so, that's why on Saturday, October 3rd, one of our 12 acts of kindness will be giving a monetary donation to the Arizona Safe Baby Haven in memory of our 4th angel... Noah James.
We hope our donation can go to help educate pregnant mothers, not prepared to care for their baby, that there are other options for their precious miracle, than to simply throw
them out with the trash. Please consider
making a donation to the Arizona Safe Baby Haven organization or to a similar organization you are connected to. There are many
ways you can help, click on their “donate” link from their homepage.
We are here today because our mothers made the choice that we deserved a chance at a great life. Please help us to raise awareness, so the next story we see on the news, is not one of a baby whose life was cut too short and found in a dumpster, but instead, a success story of a mother who knew what options she had, and made the choice to give her child a chance at a better future.
I found this poem as I read about the Safe Haven laws and decided it was time for me, for us, to do something about it. Will you?
I found this poem as I read about the Safe Haven laws and decided it was time for me, for us, to do something about it. Will you?
I read about a newborn baby
found cold and shivering in a dumpster
with little hope of life.
I became angry and said,
“Why did you permit this?
Why don’t you do something about it?”
For a moment God said nothing.
Then He calmly replied,
“I did do something about it,
I made YOU.”
found cold and shivering in a dumpster
with little hope of life.
I became angry and said,
“Why did you permit this?
Why don’t you do something about it?”
For a moment God said nothing.
Then He calmly replied,
“I did do something about it,
I made YOU.”
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment