Sunday, May 21, 2017

Madelyn's a year.

365 days ago today I was laying in recovery cherishing each moment with my healthy, full of life, full term, even chubby newborn.  It had been 9 full months of fighting to get to that moment and as exhausted as I was, my heart felt love in another new way.  My spirit felt renewed and I thanked God for the blessing we had just been given.  Yes 12 months ago this morning.  It seems like yesterday. 

Waking up this morning to our happy, loving and "big" as everyone tells me Madelyn, my heart felt similar to how it did that morning a year ago.  My spirit remains renewed, I am thankful to God for the life he has blessed me and my heart feels love in another new way.

In the past 12 months Madelyn has enriched our lives in ways I could never have imaged and even more fully than I hoped.  Madelyn's siblings LOVE her, smother her in hugs and kisses to the point we have had to ask them to give her a little space.  And Daddy and I are pretty smitten with her too.  Other than being a little stinker when it comes to sleeping in her bed, we caved around month 10 and just put her in bed with us a couple of nights and now there's no going back from the slippery slope, Madelyn is a WONDERFUL baby.  She is super easy going, smiles more than she ever frowns, is a good eater (hence the reason why everyone tells me she's big) and she's smart.  She says many words, including "Momma, Daddy,  Meme- Mommy hold me, Jack, This (for something she wants and points to, Jack, and when we ask her if she wants to brush her teeth, she opens her mouth and says, "ahhhhhh"  

She loves to dance, waves bye bye and signs "all done" when she finished eating.  Her favorite foods are toast, strawberries, blue berries, spaghetti, mac-n-cheese, yogurt and sweet potatoes.  

Her favorite toys are cars to race, her Cabbage Patch baby she carries around and blocks, which she dumps out and then puts back in.  She likes to play with books and laughs everytime Mickey Mouse Club House comes on the TV.

My favorite this she does now is give kisses.  She kisses open mouth kisses and its so sweet.  She also learned that when we pray at dinner and bedtime she should fold her hands.  She joins in now and after we pray she claps to cheer that she did something exciting.  

Yes, at 12 months I can hardly believe she's doing all these things and more.  I can't believe a year ago today I laid in that hospital bed, wiped out, but still so excited, happy and full of love.  Man that was one incredible day.  And as wonderful as that day was, I sit here today and give thanks for each day I've been blessed enough to be her mom and have her in my arms each night.  I still do not take that part for granted.  

Here is a quick look back at some of Madelyn's pictures from the past 12 months.... This is just a start of her bday posts.  So many pictures to put in just one post.


May 2016- Newborn
Newborn- 6 days old
June 2016- 1 MONTH

July 2016- 2 MONTHS


2 months

2.5 months.... who does she look like?  Mommy or Daddy?


2.5 months

August 2016- 3 MONTHS
3 months


Love those toes!

September 2016- 4 MONTHS

Getting ready for Noah's Kindness Project


On our way to the doctors office?


College Football Season!


OCTOBER 2016- 5 MONTHS


Growing just a bit!

Loved by her siblings!


Her brother Noah's bear is getting pretty small in comparison to her!


Fun to see who she looks more alike?

NOVEMBER 2016- 6 MONTHS



One of her favorite faces!





DECEMBER 2016- 7 MONTHS




JANUARY 2017- 8 MONTHS









FEBRUARY 2017- 9 MONTHS







MARCH 2017- 10 MONTHS





11 MONTHS- APRIL 2017




MAY 2012- 12 MONTHS









Madelyn we hope you had a nice birthday, although as low key as low key can be.  We hope you know just how much you are loved, how deeply you are cared for and for how grateful we are to have you in our lives.
Madelyn, 365 days ago you came into this world and started the process of rebuilding our lives in a way we didn't know how to do with out you.  This past year has been incredible and we love you more than you'll ever know.  Happy birthday my darling. Being your mommy for this past year has been such a gift.  Happy birthday baby, happy birthday.  Love you always, Mommy and Daddy.


Until next time
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment