Friday, May 19, 2017

A year ago this afternoon...

A year ago on this Friday afternoon (it was the 20th not the 19th), at this moment I was loading our suitcases in the back of Jarrett's car as my mom gave him a quick haircut.  We were due to be at the hospital in less than 30 minutes and it was the perfect time to get a haircut right (NOT REALLY).  The day we had prayed for, for more than 9 months had finally arrived.  Our due date and we were beyond excited to meet our baby sweetie pie.

It was an afternoon filled with excitement:
  • Me locking both sets of car keys in Jarrett's car- the car filled with all of our hospital stuff 15 minutes before we were supposed to be at the hospital
  • Us reinstating our OnStar subscription so we could get our car unlocked
  • the kids excited to spend time with grandparents but still a bit nervous about us going to the hospital (again)
  • Getting to the hospital, getting all hooked up and seeing Kristal's face appear 4 hours early so she could be with us through our entire labor.

  • The surprise visitor from one of my other favorite nurses and friends, Bilha.  I cheerleader, and encourager in the middle of the night.  She was there with us and Noah and was a Godsend.  That night and still she continues to be.  



  • Our parents patiently waiting all night for our Sweetie Pie to arrive.
  • Some pretty intense moments in the delivery room and some great reflections on life between a couple whose been together for a LONG time!
Yes it was a day I'll always remember and cherish,  and now looking back a year later, I never thought I'd say it but I miss being pregnant too. I so miss feeling Madelyn move around inside me.  I miss being able to feel her kick, roll and even punch.  Looking back now, I know that fear controlled me for so much of the pregnancy, it took away from the moments I had to purely enjoy each moment.  I'm so glad I recorded each week, reading the posts from a year ago, makes it all come back and at least I'll have that right.  

As I sit here today with Madelyn literally laying on my stomach trying to find a comfortable place to take a nap, As wonderful as pregnancy was, the goal we hoped, prayed and longed for all along is here, sitting on my lap trying to sleep.  Yes the baby I prayed I'd get to take home has grown from a newborn, to a toddler it seems in the blink of an eye.  I can hardly believe in less than 2 days our Sweetie Pie will be one. 
This past year has been such a joy, she has filled our lives with so much love, restored our faith and shown us great great happiness.  

Ah yes, a year ago today I posted this blog... "It's baby time" .  Getting to experience labor, although VERY PAINFUL and exhausting was one of the greatest days of my life.  For it resulted in the birth of our precious Madelyn. 
Our first moment... "Hi mom" with the wave of her hand.

The past 365 days have been a wild ride, our lives are crazy with a capital C, but I'm sure happy and thankful I get to live it.

A year ago today, I took this picture..


Just this past Sunday on Mother's Day, Dad took this picture of us...


Grateful.

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment