Today was Mother's day and it was a wonderful day. It started off with me waking up with my baby's bum right in my face....
Yep, after her being sick last week and not sleeping very much, I was thankful that she was at least asleep instead of crying in my arms with ear infection pain.
Then we went outside to enjoy the beautiful day, while we watched the boys practice their baseball swings, while the girls enjoyed the swing in my parents backyard. After lunch Dad took the kids and ran some errands, including take the van and getting it cleaned out and vacuumed for me. Score! And that gave me almost an hour uninterrupted to try to catch up on a few of the things I needed help with.
Isabelle decided she wanted to give me a make over, so she washed my hair in a bucket on the kitchen table, followed by a good foot soak, and then she dried my hair with the drier. She did such a great job and she was so proud. She kept saying, "Mom I'll make you look so pretty." It was so cute and appreciated after her first comment of the morning to me, "Mom, your back must hurt so bad since you are so old."
After making my hair pretty Isabelle wanted to do my make up too. I was pretty hesitant at first but then gave it, figuring I wasn't planning to leave the house so what ever happened it should be okay.
As excited as Isabelle was to help, Michael overheard Isabelle's "plan" and out of fear for what she might do, he decided to offer his help as well. After telling him "stick paint" aka lipstick goes on my lips and not my eye lids, he started asking where things go before applying it to my face.
Meanwhile Madelyn wasn't so sure about Isabelle and Michael touching my face.
When they were all done, they actually did a great job and I would have been okay to leave the house! It was so nice to be treated!
After dinner we had a dance off in the kitchen , which the boys made me promise not to post the video, so I will follow their request. But let's just say it was pretty funny!
As we tucked the kids into bed, I couldn't help but feel overwhelming emotions as I reflected on the Mother's Days from a few years past. From 2014, when I thought I would forever celebrate Mother's Day as the mom to 3 kiddos, to 2015 when I was pregnant with Noah, and last year, 2016, when I was VERY pregnant with Madelyn.
| 2014 Mothers Day... look at how little they were. |
| Ignore the clothes, but this was me on Mother's day in 2015, 21 weeks pregnant with Noah. Oh how I miss that baby of mine. |
| Last year, when I was 38 weeks pregnant with Madelyn. Wow, I look huge! |
| I remember it was really hot this day, I believe in the low 100's. Today's weather was glorious! |
Yes I am so blessed. While I'll also ache a bit on Mother's Day, knowing one of my babies isn't here, I try to give thanks and remember just how lucky I am to have these four children in my arms.
Yes today was a great day. It was a calm day at home with nothing planned and a lot of time to just enjoy being together. Days like this don't happen too often in our lives. So as this special day comes to a close, I'm going to give thanks for all it included.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mommas out there!
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment