Wednesday, August 2, 2017

All Star Baseball

This summer Gabriel was selected to play for the Chandler American All Star baseball team.  He's been fortunate enough to play the last three years.  The team practices everyday in the heat of the summer and plays an intense shortened schedule against several teams from the area.  Those that win continue on to play regional games and eventually state.

Each year I am continuously impressed at the level of quality players in this state or even local leagues.  So many amazingly talented players at such a young age.  I think back to when I was 11 and I'm not even sure I knew how to match clothing let alone play a sport at such a competitive level.

While Gabriel and his team didn't fair very well in the playoff games, they had fun and it was enjoyable to watch, even if it was 115 outside at 6 p.m.

Here are a few photos of Gabriel and his team. 

Doesn't he look so old in this picture?  Where did my little baseball player go?
He was 4 here and let me tell you, it seems like this was yesterday.


One of his favorite parts of the game... trying to steal home!


Thankfully he got back just in time.



Ignore the fence, all lined up for roster announcements.

Yep that tall, skinny kid... that's mine!



We look forward to watching the kids play again next year.  Hopefully it won't be 100 plus degrees outside!

Until next time,
Angie



No comments:

Post a Comment