Thank you for the prayers for my Grandpa and for checking in with me to see how he's doing. The prayers are helping! Thankfully he came through surgery like a champ and is in the hospital recovering. It hasn't been all sunshine and roses, he's has pain (although he doesn't complain) and he has to keep his arm in an upright (uncomfortable position) and the medication to help with the pain have been causing some other complications that are unpleasant. He's has his arm in a unnatural position since Saturday evening. He's hopefully going to be released to our local hospital tomorrow. He's working on regaining his balance and adjusting to only having 1 hand/arm to use.
My dad, Aunt and Uncle have all stayed with him and each of them comment how tough he is. I think about all he had to endure in WWII and while I know he's tough, for 90 plus years old, he's tougher than tough.
If I may ask for the prayers to continue please. In addition to needing them for his recovery, he also lost his youngest brother Mark today. I'm sure his heart aches in many ways tonight. Through it all my grandpa continues to smile. Here he is today with my sister MaeLyn who also works at the Mayo Clinic and came to visit him today for a few minutes.
We love you Grandpa. Keep getting better!
Until next time,
Angie

No comments:
Post a Comment