This year for father's day we spend the day together as purposely kept it low key. Life has been way too busy and crazy lately, so we decided to try to just hang and enjoy time together.
That morning at church, Madelyn and I assumed our normal places during the service... the nursery so she could play. I set up my chair next to her and positioned it so I could look across the room at Noah's stained glass portrait we donated to the church. I love to see it each week as it makes me think of him.
As Madelyn played I sat there and thought about how wonderful it would have been for Noah to be around to be able to spend father's day together. The sadness I feel in him not being with us is constant and on special days, like Father's Day, I miss him even more. As I continued to watch Madelyn play, listen to the sermon on the TV, something over towards Noah's picture caught my attention. I looked over to see the remote control car on the floor below his picture moving. No one was there, and the car moved under his picture. I thought... I must have just made that up in my mind. I walked over to the car, looked at the car and the remote. Set it back down and walked back to my chair.
I played with Madelyn on her Doc McStuffins set up when again something caught my attention. I looked up to see that same remote control car moving again. I paused and could hardly believe what I was seeing. I took a picture and as strangely as it sounds, it didn't scare me, didn't freak me out. I felt completely confident I knew who made that car move. It was the same little boy I dreamed would get to play in the nursery. I smiled and told Jarrett as church let out about what happened. He said, "I wish I could have seen it too." Guess he wanted you to know he's with us on your father's day huh.
After brunch we gave dad his gift and then took some pictures of him with the kiddos.
Later that day, we let Dad pick where he wanted to go out for dinner. He chose Chinese food of course. We went out and the kids were nuts. Perhaps it is because they are use to us keeping a crazy busy schedule and being at home for most of the day without a planned schedule, drove them crazy.
But at the restaurant they drove us crazy! It was not the most enjoyable dinner to say the least.
When we got home the boys had enough pent up energy they decided they were stronger than their old dad and could take him down in wrestling. Jarrett's wresting skills maybe rusty but he's still way stronger than they are.
Turns out both boys got pinned at the same time by their daddy-o.
Don't worry, no one was injured, except the boy's pride.
It was a nice father's day and I think we'd all agree the most enjoyable part was getting to spend time with dad. He works so far for our family and we are so lucky to have him in our lives.
Thanks Dad. We love you. Happy Father's day!
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment