Monday, July 9, 2018

Madelyn loves dresses

Madelyn or as she likes to call herself, "Princess Madelyn" has officially gone overboard on her love of dresses.  So much so that she pretty much insists on wearing "pretty dresses" everyday.  I can hardly get her to wear anything but dresses.  Some nice friends of ours gave her this one for her birthday...






When she's not in her pretty dress, she's pretty much in her diaper.  I guess I was the same way as a youngster.  I loved twirling dresses, which is what Madelyn likes to do in hers and I liked to be almost naked (thankfully that changed VERY early on!)



One of my favorite dresses as a kid was a purple ruffly dress that my parents saved for me and now I get to see Madelyn in it.  

It has been so fun as I see myself in her so many times.  I remember wearing this purple dress for so many years and I'm pretty sure I cried the year my mom told me I could no longer wear the dress to school as it was too short and my underwear was showing.  Such a crisis I know.

But now Madelyn wears it and she loves it just as much as I did.  Here she is in it!



Showing off her dance moves.  She likes to twirl too!



And here she is almost naked again.  Last weekend helping me pack to go on vacation.  I guess she didn't think we needed to put much clothes in the  bag.  Just as long as she got to go, she was happy!




And after a long struggle of trying to get her to sleep in her pack and play  (or really any bed but ours), she finally LOVES to play in the pack and play. 




She is at such a fun age where she can communicate more clearly, is using sentences and showing her personality more everyday.  

So lucky to have her and the big three in our lives.

Until next time,
Angie


No comments:

Post a Comment