Since we've had Jennings, Nana and Papa have been a great help for us, and have provided hours, actually days of entertainment for the big kids. Jarrett, Jennings and I pretty much stay home everyday, and honestly, I'm 100% okay with it. The big kids on the other hand, they are pretty much over it!
Thankfully Nana and Papa offered to host the big kids at their house the first few days after we got home with Jennings and boy did the kids have a blast. They got to go swimming, play Pickle Ball and go on the golf cart. When they came home Madelyn thought she should just go live with them and wasn't too interested in staying with us old Mom and Dad.
We were so thankful for those first few days to try to adjust to having Jennings. Since he was so jaundice we had to wake him up every 2 hours to feed and we spent many hours in the doctors office just making sure he was doing okay. At one point, because he hadn't peed and wasn't eating like he should, we were within 15 minutes of having to take him back to the hospital. We were so thankful the big kids weren't home, it enabled us to be able to drop everything and run right back to the pediatrician. And we knew they were having a blast with Nana and Papa.
And then this past weekend, Nana and Papa treated the kids again to a fun weekend by taking them camping in their RV. When we told the kids about the trip they were excited, curious where they were going and talked about where each of them would sleep.
Here are some pictures Nana and Papa shared with us about their adventures down south near Tucson as they found a great camp ground, complete with a Pickle Ball court, a swimming pool, a workout facility and lots more.
The kids has again so much fun and this morning Madelyn told me she was leaving again to go camping with Nana and Papa. She said, "Mom, I love you but I leave now to go camping with Nana and Papa again." I think the weekend provided new memories the kids will cherish always.
I think this picture was taken after they split a container of ice cream since it was so hot. I'm not 100% sure, but by the looks of Isabelle's and Madelyn's faces I'm thinking the evidence is clear. :-)
Looks like Nana and Papa found a great place to take the RV and lots of fun was had.
Nana and Papa, thank you for all of the help you've given us these last few weeks and just recently for coming down to help us address the leaking water from the attic in Gabe's room.
We truly appreciate the help in taking the big kids and they loved getting to spend so much time with you.
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment