Thursday, August 1, 2019

Back to School... 2019/2020

Today the three oldest kids went back to school! I can't even believe it is August 1.  For so long we hoped to make it to the middle of July to welcome a healthy baby (yay Jennings is here), and for some reason July seemed like a blink of an eye it was here and gone.  Sure hope the next few weeks slow down.

As hectic as it was to get out of the house this morning, everyone made it to school on time and there were smiles all around.

Here are some pictures from today...









I think the kids had a great day.  We didn't have much time to connect after school, as soon as they got released from school, Dad picked them up and they all went to help volunteer with Campbell's Crew Cares who donated backpacks to an entire elementary school in Phoenix.  By the time they all got home, it was unload lunches, reload lunches, sign the bazillion forms they send home at the beginning of the year and off to bed to start over bright and early tomorrow morning.

It's crazy for me to think we have an 8th grader, 7th grader, 2nd grader, pre-schooler and a 18 day old.  Life is surely busy and I feel like I"m constantly chasing my tail trying to catch up, but I saw this quote today and thought it perfectly describes how I feel about this time right now.

I know I am going to miss these moments, when Jennings is so small, innocent and 100% dependent upon me/us for everything.  When sweet Madelyn and Isabelle play nicely together and play pretend.  When the boys are still at home and as hard as having teenagers is, I know when they head off to high school and even college in a few short years, I'm going to look back and think... if only we could have them be in middle school again.

So yes, I am keenly aware that these moments now are ones to cherish.  These days are really really busy, I'm really tired and I can't get enough done.  But then I stop, and I pick up our precious little boy and I snuggle with him, I play My Little Ponies and pretend with Madelyn.  I pack Isabelle's lunch and put notes of encouragement in her pack, I sign the boys forms, wash their laundry, fold it nicely and hang their shirts (which I know will end up on their floor in a heap in a day or so), but I do it all and remind myself... these are the days I know I'm going to miss.

So cherish the dark circles under my eyes, find beauty in the ponytail hair that hasn't been washed in a few days, and the every other day shower, because this is where I am.  I am here, I am very HAPPY and in this crazy life, I feel so alive and filled with joy.  

I am blessed.  I am thankful.

Here's hoping the kids have a great school year ahead.  That they work as hard as they can, they are kind and friendly to others.  They push themselves to do their best and they have a remarkable year.

Back to school 2019 Day 1 was a success. Off to bed now, so we can do it all over again...

Until next time,
Angie




No comments:

Post a Comment