On the way to school one of the first days, Isabelle said, "Mom- do you just keep Jennings in the baby kennel when I'm gone? - Um, say what Isabelle?
As we were sitting down to eat dinner one night Gabriel took a drink of his milk and said, "Mom does it feel weird to breastfeed?" Thinking to myself, this isn't a conversation I ever expected to have with my teenage son, but okay whatever... "Kind of Gabriel, its an interesting feeling to have milk released (again probably too much info, but he asked right?" Gabriel paused for a moment, I could tell he was thinking. Then he said, "Imagine how Jennings must feel- he has to be freaked out each time he has to eat!" - Um say what?
Madelyn and I have spent quite a few days at home... quite a few to be exact. Most days are well, pretty boring for her. Don't get me wrong, she's such a great kid. She entertains herself for hours playing Barbies, Legos, puzzles and pretend. But every once in awhile she's kind of over giving up all the attention to Jennings. Last week, as I was feeding Jennings she wanted me to go upstairs and play with her. I told her I would after I finished feeding him. Madelyn said, "No Mom- put Jennings down now (and pointed to the hard, cold, tile floor), he will be just fine. Leave him and we go play mom" -Say what Madelyn?
Most of the kids ask me if they can hold Jennings a lot, well all of them except Michael. He's usually too busy creating the next "I'm going to be rich with this X invention" that he doesn't have time to hold him. Yesterday, Michael was sewing and I was trying to study and holding Jennings and feeding him (do you see a pattern here?). Michael finished his project and came over to see me burping Jennings. Michael said, "How come I never get to hold him?" In my first "Um- say what" thought, I said Michael most of the time you have no interest, when I ask you say, "I'm okay" and go on doing what you are already involved in. Michael responded, "No I don't mom" Deciding not to start a debate about what really happens I just let it drop. Michael in a moment later decided he was going t start sewing scrunchies (those 80's hair ties are back!) and went back to the sewing machine. Jennings finished burping and I turned to Michael and asked, "Would you like to hold him now?" Michael looked up from his sewing machine and said, "No, I"okay." - Say what Michael?
![]() |
| So I may have actually made him hold him this time so he couldn't tell me he never gets to hold him |
And finally Jarrett. I've gotten Jennings evenings figured out. If he goes to bed before 8:30 he wakes up at 1 to eat and then again at 4. If he goes to be after 8:30 he eats at 2 and then again at 6 (which is so much nicer to get up only once during the night. Last night he went down at 8:20 and I hoped, well that's close enough to being after 8:30 maybe he will make it til 2. Momma is tired.... with this class now started, I get everyone down to bed and then I study until around 11:30 only to wake at 1 or 2 feed him, then pump and I go back to bed for a couple of hours, only to wake the whole house.... did I say I am TIRED? Anyway tonight/this morning what ever you call it, Jennings woke up at 1:15, I got up, fed him, burped him and decided I'll skip pumping til the 4 am feed. I crawled back into bed so completely exhausted and started to doze off literally 20 seconds later when I heard Jennings rustling in is bed... he had another burp. I reached across the bed (over Madelyn) and tried to wake Jarrett. He wouldn't stir. I didn't want to speak loudly not to only avoid waking Madelyn but also to alarm Jennings and possibly wake Isabelle (yes she's sleeping at the foot of our bed in Madelyn's bed because she said she didn't feel good- she just didn't want to sleep in her bed). Side tangent... could we have more people in our room at night? I guess the answer is yes, but seriously.
Anyway, I decided it was finally worth it to shout to wake up Jarrett- I seriously needed to fall back asleep. I asked him to get up and burp Jennings to which he replied, "Um my hands don't feel like they can do that right now." -- SAY WHAT? Now granted he might have still been sleeping as I know he's tired too, but seriously... say what?
Yes there have been quite a few crazy things spoken around our house these last 6 weeks (Yes Jennings is 6 weeks today and I'm I complete denial). Wait, say what? He's six weeks! That's probably the most crazy thing at all for me to hear. Where is the time going?
And now I'm headed back to bed for another 1.5 hours (please) of sleep before we get back up and do this all again.
Until next time,
Angie



No comments:
Post a Comment