Saturday, May 22, 2010

An Adoption Celebration!!!!!

I've always been thankful for great friends and family. Friends, just like family, are there for you when your down and needing a pick-me-up, they are there for you in sad times and always in happy times. Today, we were celebrating one of those happy times and I, scratch that, WE couldn't be more thankful for our wonderful friends and family.

Today we were honored at what has to be the best, most amazing, adoption celebration/shower, that has ever taken place. My wonderful friends, Lara, Jennifer and Janelle planned and hosted the nicest, warmest and most loving celebration I've ever attended. They went above and beyond to have everything perfect, from yummy food to balloons, a sandbox and an array of boys toys for them to play with. It was a family event so it was great to see all of our family and friends come with their families, even big boys (Dads) were invited!

Today was a very special day as we've long to introduce our little ones to the special people in our lives and all of our friends couldn't have been more open and loving in meeting them. Oh and let me also say, our family and friends have been SO generous!!!! It honestly was so great just to have a party to welcome them, but we were so wonderfully overwhelmed with the gifts and it wasn't just Jarrett and I. The boys are included as well!!!! In all honesty, prior to coming to our home, I believe the boy's idea of getting a present was getting a tiny,trinky toy that are found in fast food meals. Today was probably one of the most magical days in the boys' lives. Thank you to ALL of you!

As we opened the presents, the boys were so excited in amazement at everything they were given. Wow we can't say thank you enough. We think we will be set for the next 12-14 years of their lives. :-) As we drove home today, you would have thought the boys had just experience Christmas morning about 20 times over. They will never forget this day.

So to our wonderful friends and family who helped to make this such a special day, thank you from the bottom of our hearts! And to Jennifer, Lara and Janelle, my heart, our hearts are overflowing with appreciation. I hope you know how much you've just given us!

Love,
Angie

PS: Oh and Lara, I'm sorry I think I owe you a couple cups of sand. Michael must have thought the sand from the sandbox was a gift. He filled his brand new shirt pockets with sand. As I put him down for a nap this afternoon he decided it would be good to keep his new sand in his bed.
We'll remember this day and the fun we had every night for a very long time!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful time. We were sorry to miss it, and I did think of you yesterday! It is truly wonderful to have so much love and support as you begin your lives as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We agree with Angie on her appraisal of the event. The adoption celebration showered them with love and everyone present could feel the overwhelming support. We had an absolutely wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed meeting all their friends. Thank you so much for a lovely time. It was the perfect beginning to a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so sorry to miss it--but I got the low-down from Janelle and it sounds like a fabulous time was had by all! And it's so great that your extended family could join in the fun!

    I continue to be blessed by your blog posts--the simple joys your family is experiencing remind me to be thankful for my own parents and upbringing--I was so blessed and I think I often took that for granted!

    ReplyDelete