Tuesday, June 1, 2010

We're going to the mountains...


This weekend we will take our first family vacation. We are going to the mountains as the boys like to say. And they are correct. This weekend, Daddy will compete in the America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride in Lake Tahoe.


On Sunday, Daddy will complete a 103 mile bike ride around Lake Tahoe and we'll be there to cheer him on. Daddy is completing this endurance event as a part of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. He has been biking for the past 5 months to train and prepare for this weekend. I am very proud of him as this has required a significant amount of dedication, early mornings and many sore muscles. I know this will be a great challenge and just like he was there for me at the end of my marathons, we'll be there for him.


I think for Jarrett the past several months of training have been therapeutic. After being diagnosed with Hodgkin's and Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and having to fight for his life, Jarrett is now celebrating his health by taking on a challenge he can control. I pray that everything goes well for him and that we can watch as he accomplishes this great feat.


Not only will this weekend be a lot of fun as the boys experience their first airplane ride, their first trip to the mountains and our first family vacation, but we will be celebrating Dad's health. For without him right here by my side, we wouldn't have been able to bring these two beautiful boys into our lives.


Good lucky Dad; we're very proud of you!


Mommy, Gabriel and Michael

5 comments:

  1. Nana and Papa are excited for the big ride too and can't wait to spend some time with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jarrett! What a great accomplishment- both athletic and philanthropic! Have fun on the family vacation and the bike ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ang! I look forward to both finishing the ride and spending time with you, the boys, and Mom and Dad at a beautiful location!
    --Jarrett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, thanks for your kind words and for your support! I am very glad that Dave agreed to complete this endeavor with me and to join me in raising money for a worthwhile cause. I look forward to our ride and the challenge and opportunity it represents. --Jarrett

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angie,
    Tell Jarrett i said good luck!!!
    Thanks for posting on you're blog, I enjoy reading your updates! You truly are such a great mom! If you ever need a baby sitter please call me! I would love to meet your little angels!
    Talk to you soon!

    Cristina Reyes

    ReplyDelete