Friday, December 3, 2010

I wonder what he is dreaming about...

Every night before I go to sleep I quietly sneak back into the boys bedroom to make sure they are covered up and that they are, well, sleeping peacefully.  It is one of my favorite parts of the day.  They look so innocent, so calm and so angelic.  Tonight as I kissed Gabriel's forehead and whispered "I love you" into his ear, I heard Michael laugh and I immediately thought, he's awake and pretending to sleep and he can't keep a straight face because he knows I'm going to catch him.

As I turned around ready to catch him in the act of pretend sleep, I instead found that he in deed was sleeping and in a deep sleep at that.  I tip-toed over to his bed and watched for a few moments as his face went from a slight smirk to a grin from ear to ear.  Then, all of a sudden, he burst out laughing, a full-on giggle that made him curl up in a ball like he was rolling on the floor with hysterics.  They say laughing is contagious and it took all of my might not to join him in laughter.  He giggled for about 3 minutes before turning over onto his other side and becoming quiet once again.

I wonder just what was so funny and what magical dream was playing out in his mind.  When we were taking classes on adoption we learned about how sometimes kids who have been removed from their birth parent's home can have terrible nightmares and trouble sleeping.  Thankfully, the boys have never had trouble sleeping since they've come to be with us. It makes me happy to know that he's in a place where he feels at home, comfortable and relaxed enough to let any or all of his worries go aside and at night he can drift off into a wonderful (and funny) place of la la land.

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment