Today the boys were able to experience their first NFL game with their Dad. (I think I was 18 before my first NFL game but anyway...) Daddy had three tickets to the Arizona Cardinals game and decided to take his two sons. We told the boys they were going to get to do something special with their daddy and that it was going to be a boys day out. The boys were so excited about the possible ideas of what they were going to do, (because it was going to be a surprise) that they even took a nap right after church. This is huge because normally after sitting still for 1 hour in church, they are about ready to jump out of their pants, but we told them they had to take an early nap so they could do something fun in the afternoon. They agreed and when they woke from their nap, Daddy surprised them by sharing that they were going to the Cardinals football game.
Lately Gabriel (and kind of Michael) has been really into playing football. Gabriel's buddies at school play at "recess" and they try to involve Michael by throwing the ball over the fence to the playground that Michael is on.
So the boys headed out and Mom got some quiet (very quiet) time at home to clean and catch up. It was a wonderful 4 hours not only for the boys but also for Mom!
When the boys returned home they shared how they got to see a big red bird and some really pretty girls. Michael said, "Mommy, I got to see some really pretty girls, but mommy, they were naked!" (To the boys, anything less than knee-length shorts and a baggy t-shirts means someone is naked.) Gabriel, was excited about the players. He talked about the quarterback and the guy with the long hair. He said, "Mom, the guy with the long hair, he scored two points!!! But, but Mom, he's still a boy even though he has long hair right?"
I think it was an outing the boys will remember for a very long time. Tonight, as we were tucking them into bed, I asked them what their favorite part of their day was and Michael responded, "Mommy, I liked going to the football game with Daddy and Gabriel" Gabriel then asked, "Mom do you know any of those Cardinals players?" Since Kurt Warner retired, I haven't watched a game so I scrambled to try and remember the name of a current player. I quickly responded., "Yes honey, I know Larry Fitzgerald"
"Wow Mom! Do you have his phone number so we can call him?
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment