Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Pre-Christmas Sleep over...

Last weekend we had a baking extravaganza with Jarrett's family and after several hours of baking cookies and holiday candy, the boy's favorite part game... the time when their cousins got to stay overnight.
The entire day was action packed from playing at one park for several hours, to running in the grass across the street and decorating sugar cookies with tons (and I mean tons) of sprinkles. 

The boys (ages 6, 5, 4 and 3) watched Home Alone before going to bed and the next morning were up refreshed and raring to go.  Jarrett had to go to work so it was just the boys and me and I did my best to keep them active.  We had breakfast, went to the park for a few hours, came home to make some Christmas presents for their family members, played outside more and had lunch.  During lunch I shared with them that I had a suprirsed planned... I was going to take them to Jump, Run and Shout, an indoor play center. 

I couldn't decide if I was asking for trouble by going out with 4 against one but I have to say we talked about the rules or staying with me and having partners to play with so I could keep track of 2 groups of 2 instead of 4 groups of 1.  Everyone got 3 quarters in a baggie and if they listened, played well and left when I said it was time to go, I'd treat them to ice cream before the end of their visit. However, if they didn't listen or broke a rule, I would have to take a quarter and we'd have to spend a few minutes in time out.  Even though I said a prayer asking God to be with me, as I backed out of the driveway, I am so proud to admit, the boys were WONDERFUL!  They listened amazingly well and I didn't even have tears when it was time to leave.  In fact everyone was so well behaved that they got ice cream and they got to keep their quarters for their piggy banks at home.

It was a wondeful sleep over and the boys have already been asking to do it again.  I thnk we all sleep like rocks last night, I was tired.  It just makes me wonder how my parents did it with 4 kids.  Wow, one day was enough to make Jarrett and I got to sleep at 8:45 p.m. last night, I have no idea how my parents did it for 18 plus years.  Wow!

Anyway here are some pictures that recap the fun of their visit.









Here are the boys not even 5 minutes after dropping off Alex and Bennett.  They played hard and had a lot of fun.

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment