Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Captain(s) America

This past week my sister and her husband came out to visit us.  It was a wonderful week and although we really didn't have much on the agenda other than swimming and playing, we had a blast with them.

Adam and the boys played swords and shields...Michael's really tough as you can see...
See, he really is...
 Then there was swimming...
The boys trying to show their muscles.


 Oh and Adam claims to make the worlds best sandwich... Michael decided to try it and it must have been pretty tasty because pretty soon the two kids (oops, I mean boys) were fighting over it.
Megan and Adam use to live in Phoenix so we enjoyed going here and there, around the city as they reminisced about the good old days.  Meanwhile, we tried to convince them that they should move back and that it really only got unbearably hot the day they flew in and that once they left our 110 heat day streak ended.  Okay maybe I wasn't too convincing on that but, hey, I tried.

We spent lots of time in the pool and they spent a lot of time playing with the boys.  In fact they helped the boys become Captain America.  Actually they helped them become Captains America.  One day while I was at work, Meg and Adam volunteered to watch Michael.  They said they had some errands but otherwise were free and could watch him.  When Michael found out he would get to spend the day with them instead of going to his structured and routine school, he immediately made up his mind... "I want to stay with Megan and Adam" 

When I returned from work, I learned they had ventured into Target with Michael.  I guess I should have given them the warning that he'd probably ask for everything in the store and it is okay to just repeat "NO" over and over.  I do it all the time and I think the boys come to expect it.  I guess Megan and Adam being the wonderful aunt and uncle they are, were only able to turn him down so many times, before agreeing to by the Captain America mask for him and Gabriel.  Then, desperate to just get through their shopping experience before buying a ton of more toys, Adam had to distract Michael by pretending to be a space commander and that Michael riding in the cart (aka Space Shuttle) was trying to "fly" through "space" (aka the store) without hitting any space debris (aka merchandise).  Although I wasn't there, I'm sure it was quite a scene.

Once home Megan and Adam completed the boy's Captain America get up by creating from scratch a Captain America shield from some cardboard they found in our garage which hadn't yet been recycled.  Take a look for yourself... pretty impressive I'd say.

And then once Gabriel returned home from kindergarten, it was decided that one shield wouldn't be enough and that they'd have to make a second.  And so the process started again...

It required lots of cutting...

 A lot of coloring...
 and I mean a lot of coloring...
 And some watching from the boys...
But when it was all done, man did it look great!

Thanks Megan and Adam for coming to visit and for having so much fun with us.  We hope you'll come back again soon.

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment