Monday, January 23, 2012

George Washington & John Deere

My aunt and uncle from Iowa, Bob and Barb are here visiting for a few weeks.  Yesterday after church we decided to go out for brunch.  On our way to the restaurant the boys were talking in the back about money and what famous person was on each coin.

Gabriel and Michael were telling Barb that George Washington was on the quarter. 
Gabriel said, "George Washington was the first president of the United States."
Proud and impressed that he is actually learning great things at school, I listened attentively at what accurate fact he would proudly share next.  Gabriel continued...

"And did you know he use to work at John Deere?  But that was before he became president."

I looked at Bob who was riding in the front seat, we both smiled and I said, "Guess you learn something new each day."

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment