Friday, January 20, 2012

Michael's unique sense of style...

Gabriel and Michael are very different when it comes to picking out an outfit.  For Gabriel, he grabs what ever he reaches for first and what ever he can find in a flash to move onto the next thing.  Not Michael.  He carefully and meaningfully plans his outfit, every aspect of his attire.  It doesn't matter if we are spending a Saturday afternoon at home or going to church on Sunday, he wants to always look "handsome." 

His definition of what constitutes handsome varies on what is going on.  I appreicate his sense of style and the fact that he likes to look nice.  Honstly I do.  I appreicate that he wants to wear his "adoption suit" every Sunday to church and somedays I think I should let him wear it.  But then I realize it would require me too to dress up (becuase I wouldn't dare wear jeans to church while he wears a suit), and so I convince/persuade, him to wear something else that looks attractive and matches mom's "casual but nice" look. 

Given that he is getting older and will be going to Kindergarten this fall, I'm giving him more freedom in choosing his outfits.  Just two weekends ago, while Jarrett and I were packing away the Christmas decorations, we let Michael choose his outfit.  I think we are making progress from where we were a few months ago when he preferred to wear his shirts and sometimes his pants backwards.  I'll let you decide if you think were making progress...




Thankfully our wonderful family and friends continue to help the boy's wardrobe improve and provide great outfits like the following.  Michael's convinced the below outfit is a "Justin Beavers outfit" so he loves it and wants to wear it continuously (or that is, when he's not testing his creativity in putting together his own outfit designs).


Thanks MaeLyn and Aaron!

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment