Thursday, January 19, 2012

Girls...Girls...Girls...

I'm not quite sure when it happened but it has happened.  Gabriel likes girls, pretty girls that is.

On New Year's Eve we went out for dinner at Rustler's Rooste with our visitors and after dinner a couple of them wanted to dance to the band that was playing.  While Michael was 100%, completely entertained with the slide next to the dance floor...


 Gabriel was not.  Instead, he was entertained by, well these two girls...
Can you see them back thee? 
We all had to laugh because one at a time, each of us began to noticed just how entranced Gabriel was with them.  As the girls (probably 9 or 10 years old) 2-stepped across the dance floor, Gabriel continued to shift to make sure his view was not blocked.  And then when one of our visitors whispered in his ear that he should ask the girls to dance, he immediately became aware that we were all watching him watch the girls, and was embarrassed.  As he ran to my leg for protection from his embarrassment, I asked him what he was thinking.
"Mom, those girls are really pretty.  I like the one with the pink cowboy boots."
"That's nice honey, do you know her?"
"No, Mom, do you know her name?"
But before I could respond no, he was back entranced and had moved onto Dad's lap because he could get a better view of them...

We watched for a good 10 minutes while he watched them danced, and then we decided to move on.  Gabriel was not so ready.  When I asked him if he was ready to go he said, "No!!!!" What do you want to do then Gabriel, do you want to dance?" "No mom, I just want to watch."
After so long, mom decided the girl watching was over and we forced him to break eye contact and leave.

And that isn't the only story that's convinced me he's got girls on his mind. Just last week on the way to school, Gabriel and I were talking and I asked him how he slept. He said good and that he had a good dream. I then asked him what it was about. "Mom, I can't tell you, its inappropriate."
"What do you mean Gabriel? You can tell me what your dream was about."
"No Mom, (smiling bashfully), I can't tell you, it's inappropriate."
and on and on our conversation went about how he couldn't tell me about his dream because he didn't want to say and how he was shy.

Finally, I said, "Gabriel I'll tell you about my dream, if you tell me about yours?" and it worked.
"Mom, you tell me your dream first."
"Okay, Gabriel I dreamed about us going to the snow and how we had a lot of fun." Pretty good dream for just making it up on the spot. :-)
"Wow, mom that's what my dream was about too!" (He's pretty smart.)
Turning around in my seat and looking at him straight in the eye, I asked him, "Nice try honey, what was your dream really about?"
He smiled and said, "Mom, It is inappropriate but I couldn't help it, it was a dream"
I know honey, I'm not going to be mad. We can't control our dreams. Dreams are from thoughts in our mind."
"Okay Mom, my dream was that I was marrying Hannah. You know Hannah, Mom, right?"
Smiling, I said, "Oh that's nice honey. Yes, I do know Hannah"
"Mom, she's the prettiest girl at my school. Mom, we were getting married."
"Oh honey that is nice. I'm glad your dream was nice. How old were you in your dream?"
"Mom we were old like you and dad, so you don't have to worry."
"Oh good" I'm so glad his dream at least allowed him to get past Kindergarten before getting married... and that he was so "old"!

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment