Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Snack please...

I'm not sure if it is just because they are boys or if it is just the way our boys are.  The truth is they are hungry all the time.  People joke and tell me to wait until they are teenagers.  I'm not joking when I respond, "I know, I"m seriously thinking about a part time job at a grocery store just to get an employee discount on food."

It no longer surprises me that one of the first things out of each of their mouths on the way home from school is, "Can I have a snack? I'm hungry."

I try to give the boys options of what to snack on... yogurt, crackers, grapes, even cereal.  And although the boys love the choices above, the other day I had to laugh at what Gabriel picked out of the fridge to eat.

Here's a picture that shows what he chose...
It looks like an apple... but it isn't.

It's actually a tomato!

And when I asked him if he wanted me to slice it up, he said, no mom I want to eat it all.
I can never imagine as a 6-yr-old wanting to have a tomato, in fact I can't even imagine as an adult wanting a plain tomato.  The kid loves his fruit and I guess that means tomato's included (tomato is still a fruit right?)

Until next time,
angie

No comments:

Post a Comment