Have you ever been so tired you can’t function? It is the type of exhaustion and pure tiredness that makes your head hurts, your eyes water continuously and your stomach feels like it has been doing summer circles over and over? It is the type of tired that no matter what you try to wake up, to focus, to become productive, it is all a lost cause. Well today I’m there. I’m so tired I can hardly function enough to get the words out on this virtual paper.
Isabelle and I spent the night, and by night, I mean the entire night bonding (her choice not mine) and as a result I’m dragging today. I have been day dreaming of my bed, it has been calling to me, since I drove to work this morning at 7. I’ve been begging for the pounding in my head to stop, as I know it is only caused by the lack of sleep. It is almost as if my brain is knocking on the front door of reason in my head, asking for some time to rest. There is a list of things I need to do tonight that is growing longer by the minute, but in this second, the only thing I want to do is throw on my pjs, snuggle up on my bed and cash out. I’m so tired.
I know parents all across this country go to work with probably less sleep for multiple days in a row. Seriously I shouldn’t complain, I won’t. Instead I’ll just record exactly how tired I am. Then I’ll throw on my pjs, give my children as much love and attention as I can give them for the next couple of hours, and put them to bed. Footsteps later I’ll join them in slumber as I pray and hope for a restful night.
Hopefully tomorrow I’ll wake up more rested, more alert. I won’t even ask to be completely rested; even partly rested. If I can be even just slightly above exhausted, I’ll be happy. I just don’t want to feel the way I feel today. For today I’m tired, I’m really really tired. And I don’t have time to feel this tired anymore.
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment