Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Still on a high....

Since Friday we've all been living on a high.  The daily stresses about getting to work on time, or deciding what to make for dinner, who didn't listen and got in trouble for 100th time about the same lesson we've been teaching for 2 years.  It all doesn't matter.  The stresses that come across my desk, I deal with them and I move on.  Really, it isn't that big of a deal.

The main stressor in my life has been lifted and each day when I race home from work to see the three little faces (usually one covered in sweat from playing outside, one covered in ketchup from lunch several hours early and one covered in drool), I am grounded. I am happy. I am home... I am blessed.

I don't think I realized just how much time I had spent worrying about what could happen, the what if's, the scaryness of the unknown.  Although she is not yet offically ours, taking that one step closer gives me so much relief, I realize now, how important last Friday was for us.
And although that day will be very important to us for the rest of our lives, we look to the future now.  To the date when the judge delcares she is ours forever.  So we now prepare the legal paperwork and start dreaming of what her adoption party should look like.

I'm so much more enjoying this aspect of the what ifs.  For now I spend my spare time looking at Pintrest to decide if we should have this type of party, or this type of theme, or no, what if we have that menu?  Those details are so much more fun to think about and plan.

Until next time
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment