Friday, September 11, 2015

40 Under 40

Today was a good day.  (It seems like it's been a very long time since I've said that- the last time I can remember saying that and truly feeling it in my heart was Father's Day when Jarrett and I spent the day with our new youngest son, followed by some time with our other beautiful children.  Boy so much has happened since then).  But today was a good day.

And tonight we celebrated my spouse, Gabriel, Michael, Isabelle and Noah's amazing daddy, our rock in this world...tonight we celebrated Jarrett.  He was recognized as one of Phoenix Business Journal's 40 under 40 award recipients.

We had known about the award for several months but tonight was the awards ceremony.  If I'm being honest, I never really took the time to learn about the event details, to know where it was or how long the ceremony was going to be.  See there are many days, its still a struggle to see or face people.  My normal routine of dropping the kids off at school, going to work, picking the kids up, going to the grocery store (while I still don't like it), and church are about all the places I've adjusted to going to.  New places, people I haven't seen yet, and strangers... I'm just not there yet.

So this awards ceremony where I knew networking was a key aspect, it didn't seem, compared to staying home in my space of comfort, was all that appealing.  But then today came and I reminded myself to just be in the moment.  So I tried and you know what... it turns out, it took a whole lot of pressure and stress off.  I gave myself permission to just be the best I could be at the moment I was in.

Thankfully, my networking was limited to those family and friends (Jarrett's colleagues) that have been supportive all along.  The reception was very nice, the music from the 90's band pretty fun to watch, and the feelings of being so proud of my husband, wonderful.
I have always felt blessed and lucky to have Jarrett as my partner in this life.  I think we were placed on this earth to be with one another.  And as I think back to all life has thrown and blessed us with, each moment of bliss and every minute of heartache we get through, because we go through them together.

These last 4 months have been our most difficult beyond a doubt, but Jarrett has stood by my side, picked me up when I wasn't able to do that for myself, and forced me to not give up, when I felt I had nothing left.  He has shown me, love, partnership, and commitment like I never knew existed.

So tonight, when he was recognized in front of hundreds of other people, is written about in the Phoenix Business Journal for millions of others to read, and was selected from a pool of hundreds of other amazing candidates, I couldn't help but think, just how lucky I am to get to be with him.

The Phoenix Business Journal's 2015 Class of 40 under 40 is awarded to recipients who demonstrate an exceptionally high level of achievement within their area of work, but also go above and beyond to give back to the community, to serve others through their talent.  The emcees of the evening talked about how many people are considered for this award and as they spoke I realized just how big of an honor this award is.

I am proud of Jarrett every single day I have known him.  He embodies so many amazing talents and I could list them here.  The accolades would go on and on, but if I had to sum it up into just a few words, it would be this... Jarrett is one of the good guys... the man who'd give you the shirt off his back if it left him without.  He does his best in everything he does and strives daily to make a difference, not for anyone to notice, but because its the right thing to do.

I am so lucky to get to spend my life with him. I'm so proud of you Jarrett.  Congratulations!



Until next time,
Angie




1 comment:

  1. That's amazing! Congrats to Jarrett! A lot of people would be thrilled to receive this award because it would be a resume builder, or an ego boost - but for Jarrett, it just comes naturally to be a good citizen and work as hard as he can to be successful in his job and to make his community better. You are definitely lucky to have him, and I'd say he's lucky to have you too!

    ReplyDelete