Sunday, April 24, 2016

Farewell Nifedipine... Hello 36 Weeks!

Today I woke up with great excitement as I knew I wouldn't have to take those yellow nasty pills.  And boy has it been a great day.   In addition to celebrating that we made it, (we really made it) to 36 weeks, I also celebrated that I didn't have to take any more Nifedipine.  I wanted to take the entire bottle of remaining pills and toss them in the garbage with a forceful toss, but instead stocked them away until I can dispose of them in the correct manner.

Boy am I happy to be off of them.  I can't decide which makes me happier... 36 weeks or NO MORE Nifedipine?  Either way, today was a GLORIOUS day.

It is the first time in, well, I don't know how long, that I can actually say I felt good.  Yes, the contractions are a regular part of my entire day, but I'm in a whole new place.  I'm actually okay with them.  I'm no longer afraid of what the contractions will bring... well, I can't say I'm not slightly terrified of labor, but I know at the end of it, I will have an (almost) full term (or full term) baby that shouldn't have to be in the NICU.  Every minute, hour, (okay let's not hope we have to include days here) that I have to endure labor means I will be that much closer to meeting Sweetie Pie.  We've won the lottery.

Even Jarrett said today, "I'm excited Mom!" as I was washing up the last of the baby clothes we had to get ready.  I'm excited too.

So now we wait and see when she's ready to come.  Meanwhile I finally feel like now that my restrictions have been lifted, I can resume some of the roles I held before.  Today for some crazy reason (okay, maybe its nesting) but I decided we had to clean out the cars... I mean we can't bring home a new baby with a car that's not completely clean inside and out.  Never mind it was in the 90's probably today, Michael, Isabelle and I were out there washing out the inside of the car, washing the windows, vacuuming out the crumbs and making sure it was all spotless.  Now that that's done, I'm feeling like my to do list before she comes, is getting down to stuff that really can wait if its has to.

In addition to feeling actually good today, we had a very nice family day.  Dad stayed home and we spent some of the day cleaning the house and tidying up, but the rest of the day playing.  The kids went "swimming" - if you can call it that.  Our pool is currently out of order until tomorrow when they come to fix it, but the kids decided they just "HAD" to go swimming so they went to plan B.  How many kids can you fit into a baby pool?  FOUR.  Just in case you wanted to know.

And what was even more surprising is that they had a ton of fun, that is after we moved it out into the sun because they were freezing when we had it under the covered patio.  We sure have thin blood here.  But they played, splashed around, pretended like it was summer and actually got along.  It was glorious.
Michael thought it was a tad cold getting in at first!
And Gabriel got his turn at being splashed with the cold water too.  

Afterward we decided to watch a family movie and grilled out.  It was such a nice, low key afternoon and as we sat at the table together, I pictured what it will be like, with one more little person chiming in, telling stories, chomping down food and adding to our normal craziness we all love.  Our table I realized it probably going to be too small, it's actually too small now for us as a family of 5, but we make it work.  And we'll probably make it work as we add one more person around the table.  I'm so excited for it.

And now I sit here tonight reflecting on how far we've come.  Nine months ago, this journey to "Sweetie Pie" started and while I prayed, hoped and wished more than anything we'd get to this point, there were several times I doubted it actually was going to happen.  But now here we are... all those hopes, prayers and wishes, a reality.  We feel so blessed.

So here's to beginning week 36... just like we've done since day 1 of knowing about baby girl, we'll take this week, one day at a time too.  Who knows when her birthday will come, but boy are we so excited to meet her.

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment