Madelyn woke up this morning in the 4 o'clock hour and while I was up feeding Jennings I was hoping I was wrong in hearing someone one the stairs. Turned out I wasn't... it was Madelyn ready to get up to begin her birthday. She was so excited she actually woke everyone up (well, except Gabe) and after Dad enforced that everyone had to go back to bed, she finally got up around 7:15.
She begged Michael to move her mattress into his room so she could sleep on the floor in his room.
Today was a wonderful day for Madelyn and we tried our best to make it fun. She got to open presents throughout the day, we had pancakes for breakfast and grilled out for dinner. We got her special rainbow cupcakes she picked out from a cupcake store and she got to see Nana and Papa for the first time in person since March 10 or so. We also had a few wonderful visits from some dear friends who sent their birthday wishes from the front door. Madelyn was so so so happy today she didn't want to go to bed at 9 pm tonight. Or maybe that was the sugar from the mermaid ice cream, the special birthday cookie and the cupcake. Okay I'm sure it was that.
I can honestly say today was probably the best day we've had in a long while. It was so nice to catch up with Nana and Papa we had really missed them, all of us. We grilled steaks, burgers, had potato salad, watermelon, cantaloupe, corn noodle casserole, and dessert. I think we ate too much but somehow still end up with room for cupcakes.
Madelyn received many gifts. She was excited for them all, thank you to those who shared them with her. It will give her some toys to play with for many more weeks/months.
I'll close tonight with just a big collage of pictures... I think the smiles on her face speak for themselves.
To Madelyn...
Four years ago tonight, I laid in the hospital bed, so tired, but oh so so so so happy. Madelyn you were our rainbow baby of hope, that life was going to be good. You sure fulfilled that wish and so much more. Madelyn your sincere joy for life, love of all things good, free-spirit heart and contagious laugh are some of the things I love about you. You remind me every single day of the good that life brings and mostly you do it through your smile and silly facial expressions and your genuine heart... "Mom, I'll give you all my toys, or Mom when I get some candy I'll share with you. or "Mom, I only need 1 of your M&M's... to which 30 seconds later, "Now mom, I only need 3 of your M&M's"
Madelyn I love you to infinity and beyond. You healed this momma's hurting heart 4 years ago and you've filled ache with love and joy in return. Don't grow too fast my baby girl. This momma wants to cherish you for as long as she can before you get too big and don't want me to smother you with love and kisses.
Happiest of birthday's Madelyn Faith. Love you always and forever... Mom and Dad






























No comments:
Post a Comment