This week Gabe graduated from 8th grade and I can't wrap my mind around the fact that in three short months he will be off to high school. How can it be?
Wasn't it just yesterday he was dressing up and pretending he was superman and going to rid the world of Lex Luther?
Wasn't it just yesterday he still had those baby-like hands and the cute baby-face?
I promise it feels like just yesterday when I found him praying in the backyard for the plant he and Michael dug up and knew they had ruined it.
Yep it was yesterday when he was so extremely grateful for the smallest of things, like a flashlight or toilet paper... well I guess somethings to be grateful for don't change...
Wasn't it just yesterday when this handsome little boy came into our lives and with his innocent smile and memorizing eyes that melted my heart?
This first ride home after meeting him the day prior will always be etched into my mind as one of the greatest days of my life. I promise this was not THAT long ago.
But I guess the yesterday has turned into many yesterdays and I simply want time to slow down a bit. If the last 10 years have gone this fast.... that makes me know the next 4 will fly by.
While it seems like yesterday he was just this age, I know that the memories we've had and those I cherish are more than could fill 1,000,000 days.
We are so proud of this little guy, although he's not so little anymore...
As he begins this exciting next step of his life, I hope he always knows how much he is loved, how we only want the best for him and how we are going to push him to always strive for the skies.
Congrats Gabe on your graduation from middle school. Good luck in high school... please listen to our advice...
Always try your best
Be friends with everyone you can
Try as many new things as you can
Don't be afraid to fail, it's how you learn
Know we are here to support you and guide you along the way.
Have fun.
Never doubt how much we love you.
Until next time,
Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment