There will be many firsts for the boys as they get older and start thinking about girls. Their first crush, their first date, maybe their first kiss. And all of these things happening at the great age of 18+.
And with that being said you can imagine my surprise today when Gabriel came home to show me a piece of paper with some numbers on it...
He said, "Mom, do you know what this is?"
I responded, "No Gabriel, what is it."
"Mom, this Alexa's phone number. She gave me her number and I gave her mine so we can call each other to go to the mall together and find some hanitizer (Gabriel's shortened word for Hand Sanitizer). "
"Mom, if she calls your phone can I talk to her?"
Thank goodness Dad had given me the heads up on his way home from picking the boys up, or I'm not sure how I would have responded. Still, even knowing in advance, I'm not sure I responded the right way.
I realized I'm getting old and the times have changed, but never did I think I'd find my son getting girls' numbers in kindergarten. Shouldn't that be happening in 5th or 6th grade? I thought I had a few more years to prepare.
In some ways I think Dad is proud of him and that he gets along so well with the girls. As long as it remains innocent fun and really just wanting to go to the mall to find hanitizer, I'm okay with it. And thank goodness he only knows my cell phone number and not our home number, because this way I can screen his calls.
Oh my so many things to think about, and all so soon. Where did my little boy go?
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment