Monday, April 9, 2012

Their first prom...

experience was last weekend.  I know, a little young to be going to the prom, but last weekend Gabriel, Michael and even Isabelle got to know a little bit more about the prom.  Our counsin Alicia went to the prom and to celebrate with her, we went over to see her, and take pictures with her all dressed up before her date picked her up.

The prom extravaganza started on Friday when Isabelle, Michael and I went with Anita, Alicia's mom to the school pep assembly.  See Alicia was nominated to be on the prom court and she was going to find out about it at the assembly on Friday.  Family was invited to secretly watch the assembly until the royalty's names were revealed.

The assembly itself was amazing with skits, performances and cheers.  Michael was in awe and when a group of the senior guys, including Alicia's date, did a lip sync performance of Justin Beiber's Baby song Michael was sold... he really liked Daniel (the date). 

Then on Saturday we were invited to stop by Alicia's house to see how beautiful she looked and take a few pictures.  Oh and I made the boys get dressed up to have their picture taken.  If you're going to have your picture taken with a beautiful girl, you have to at least try to look as nice as you can right? :-)



As we finished up taking pictures, her date arrived and we quickly tried to sneak out without interrupting them too much.  As we were driving away Michael said, "Mom so where is Alicia going to live now?" "What Michael?" "Mom, where is Alicia going to live now that she is married to Daniel?"  Smiling and laughing on the inside, I said, "Honey, she's just going to prom, I don't think she's getting married yet."

I just hope I can clarify by the time he's old enough to actually go to prom, that there is no marital business that happens at prom.

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment