Recently Gabriel went on a school field trip to the farm. He came home telling me everything we eat comes from the farm. As I mentally reviewed all of the processed foods I ingest, I thought about contradicting his statement but decided best to just let him believe we only eat healthy, farm grown foods.
Before Gabriel's class visit to the farm, we made our own visit to Shamrock Farms with my Aunt and Uncle Barb and Bob earlier this year. It was a great visit and we learned a lot. The boys have since become huge fans of Roxie and her chocolate milk.
Tonight at dinner we were talking about Shamrock Farms and how chocolate milk is made. Michael was able to recall step by step the process of how Shamrock makes their special chocolate milk. See, during our visit to their farm they showed us a video that Michael seemed to record in his brain. While Michael recounted the detailed steps, Gabriel said, "No, that's not how they make chocolate milk. You take regular milk and then you pour it is a small glass, and then you take chocolate stuff that mom has in the fridge and you squirt it in your cup of regular milk and then mix it up. That's how you make chocolate milk."
Turns out the boys basically described the exact same steps, only Michael gave instructions for how to make several thousand gallons of chocolate milk while Gabriel explained how to make an individual serving.
After finishing up the debate about how to make chocolate milk and talking about our visit to the farm and tasting the yummy milk, we sat in silence for almost a minute when all of a sudden Michael said, "Where does milk come from again?"
Almost as if he had forgotten how all that milk got into the huge tanks, it only took him a few seconds to remember. "Oh that's right, I remember, cows pee it out."
I laughed but I guess in a way it kind of would make sense to describe it that way.
I just hope I can get the image of peeing milk out of my mind before morning or I have a feeling my cereal might not sound as appetizing.
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment