Today Michael stayed home from school and spent the day with Isabelle and me. We had many things on our to-do list, many more things than I knew I could get done. Attempt we did and surprisingly we got done more than I thought we would.
One of the first things we did was take Michael to get his hair-cut-fixed. See I usually cut the boy's hairs and every time my mom is here I beg her to cut them for me. She's trained in how to cut hair, I am not. Therefore I just do my best to clipper cut them, shape it up as much as I can and move on. Normally I wouldn't care too much how their hair cut turns out, but this weekend we are attending a black tie event, the entire family is, as Jarrett is getting honored by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society at their Hope Ball Gala. So I want the boys to look nice.
As I attempted to cut his hair, for some reason I decided to use a new attachment on the clippers (that was my first mistake) and before I knew it, I had cut a big chunk out of the hair on the side of his head. And then I was trying to trim up the top of his head of hair when he turned suddenly resulting in a huge chunk of hair from the very front and center of his head to be clippered out. Upon that mistake I knew I had to stop and race to Great Clips was a must.
We all loaded up the car and headed straight to there. As we walked in they said they'd be happy to fix his hair but to sit and wait just a few minutes while they finished up the gentleman before us. We sat down and Michael's eyes became fixed on watching them finish up the man before us. As Jarrett would say, he was "follically challenged" or balding. As the stylist finished and took off his cape, Michael said loud enough for everyone in the entire store to hear, "Mom did she brush all his hair of the top of his head?"
The other stylists chuckled under their breath, the man quickly put his baseball cap back on, while I turned bright red and quietly explained that next time he should whisper his questions instead of saying them loud enough for the entire salon to hear.
Until next time,
Angie
PS: Oh and Michael's hair looks good now. The stylist did a great job fixing, hiding and "blending" in my mistakes.
No comments:
Post a Comment