Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Christmas in July?

This morning as Jarrett and I were getting ready for work, as usual we had 2 children at foot (one decided to sleep in), one in the bouncer staring as us and the other just hanging out talking as we got ready to begin the day. I had been blow drying my hair and as I finished, I started wrapping up the cord and complaining about how I was already sweating and I hadn’t even left the house. That’s when Jarrett chimed in and said, “Man I’m ready for winter and for summer to be over.” From there we continued our conversation talking about how he was excited for college football and I was excited for Halloween. As we talked Gabriel played with Isabelle talking silliness to her, until he stopped looked up and said with more excitement than I’ve seen from him in months, “Oh I can’t wait for Christmas!” “I know exactly what I’m going to ask Santa for and he’ll have to bring it to me!” “What?”, I asked him, but knowing what his answer was going to be. “I’m going to ask for an I-Pad and I can’t wait to get it. Oh and I’m going to tell Michael to ask for one too, that way we won’t have to share!”


Thinking quickly to myself about what an appropriate response would be, I said, “Gabriel, I don’t think you are old enough yet for an I-Pad.” “Oh yes Mom, I am, and don’t worry, you don’t have to buy it, Santa can bring it.”


And with that, I had no response. I sure hope Santa wins the lottery otherwise Gabriel might be getting an “IOU I-Pad” for Christmas.


Until next time,

Angie

1 comment:

  1. If somebody gets them an iPad, please don't let my kids find out about it!!!

    ReplyDelete