Friday, March 1, 2013

My little helper

On most days when I am able to stay home with Isabelle, we have a lengthy list of chores to get done.  And while I'd love to sit and play all day, the laundry piles never seem to end and the dishes, well, they always seem to fill our counter quietly shouting out at me "I  need to be washed!"

And while Isabelle enjoys playing with her "toys , I honestly share that some of her favorite go-to toys, really aren't toys at all.  The dishwasher is a great play toy... she LOVES to pull all the silverware out one by one and toss them on the floor.  If they are just cleaned and mom is putting dishes away, its okay to toss them on the floor.  But when she gets really excited is when they are all dirty, covered in food remnants, that's when the high shrieks and shrills of screams come out as they bounce across the floor.  And it isn't just the dishwasher that's fun.  Another favorite past time is climbing up the stove and standing on the bottom drawer handle to see what's on top of the stove.  Yes, you can see she is following right in Michael's footsteps in seeking out danger.  And the laundry, oh what a helper she is.  Actually she is.  She helps me load the clothes from the dryer into the basket, and then sits on top of the clothes while I carry them to the couch to be folded.  And then when it comes to socks.... well instead of me telling you all about it.  I'll just let the video do the talking...




She's growing up right in front of my eyes.  When did my baby learn to understand what mom's doing when folding the clothes and how does she already know what "cheese" means?  Could it be mom takes a lot of pictures?

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment