I'm thankful for my faith and for all the blessings God has given to me. I'm thankful for the hard times that I've lived through, for they make me appreciate the good and to remember that I can turn to the Lord for guidance and help and know he's always there.
I'm thankful for my family. For the three little people I prayed and longed for for so many years. For I realize now the plan for becoming a mom was not the plan I had in my head but the plan God had. I'm so thankful he's in charge.
I'm thankful for my partner in this gift of life. Jarrett is my everything, my soul mate, my best friend and so much more. I'm thankful for his presence each and everyday.
And as we celebrate Easter, I can't help but think about how quickly this past year has gone. How last year, we were filled with worry but also hope, that our littlest angel would get to be ours forever. I remember the fear I carried each and everyday that my phone would ring and I'd be told Isabelle would be going to live with her birth family. How I prayed for them to find peace and comfort knowing she was in a family that would love her wholly and fully, giving her all she needs and more. I prayed for us that she would get to be ours forever, man I prayed so hard for that. Reflecting on where we were last year at this time, reminds me to just be thankful for each and everyday. We can't imagine our family without Isabelle, Gabriel, and Michael and thinking about each year makes me remember that I can never take for granted just how lucky, how blessed we are that God answered our prayers and brought us together to be a forever family.
Last Easter I wasn't able to share our photos but I'm thankful I get to this year. Here's a few from our Easter morning 2012....
| Isabelle was a little bored with it. |
| The boys made up for it though with their excitement. |
| Although she didn't mind holding the eggs, she preferred the milk. |
| And I remember last year Isabelle was small enough to actually fit inside her Easter basket (bag). |
Oh and one more highlight from our Easter last year I wasn't able to share.... the boys actually "saw" the Easter bunny when he visited our house. Here's the video where they share what they saw....
On this Easter I wish you and your family peace and happiness as we celebrate all the blessings in our lives.
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment