Last weekend I was lucky enough to take a trip back to Iowa (solo) for my brother's wedding. Before I go into the details of their wonderful wedding, this vacation made me realize that every parent should be entitled to a solo vacation away at least once every few years. It was so glorious to have a break and to not have to worry about anyone other than myself (actually if I'm being honest, I worried about the baby and traveling-but that's just me- I'm a worrier).
Back to the details of the reason for my trip.
Last Friday night, (5/15/15) my brother married a wonderful woman who I'm so happy to be able to call my newest sister. Kacee is a wonderful addition to our families and is a perfect match for my brother. The calming sense when he's stressed and the perfect companion to share life's joys and challenges.
Jonas and Kacee desired a very simple wedding, a ceremony attended by family at the home Kacee grew up in, followed by dinner at one of our long time family favorite restaurants. On Friday afternoon when we showed up for the ceremony it was obvious, their wedding had all the special touches and fit their desires perfectly.
Here are a few pictures from their perfectly simple and absolutely gorgeous ceremony.
My siblings: (from left to right), Me, Jonas, Megan and MaeLyn. While I'm the oldest, I'm also the shortest... not sure how that worked out.
A family shot with Mom and Dad added in.
THE HAPPY COUPLE
I love this picture of them!
Kacee and Jonas with my parents
Kacee and Jonas with both sets of parents
Jonas, Kacee and Grandpa Ray.
Jonas and Kacee asked my grandfather and her grandmother to be the witnesses for their wedding. I thought it was such a nice touch and I know Grandpa considered it to be an honor.
Mom and Dad's only son getting married! What a special day!
A quick family shot.
And one with almost everyone there. Jarrett and the kids would have loved to have come but definitely had them in their thoughts on their special day! My sister Megan and Adam with their new beautiful daughter Willa and their other lovely (hopefully we can show his picture someday in the near future too).
THE CEREMONY
Jonas and Kacee wrote their own vows which was very nice.
After exchanging the rings...
and saying their vows...
It was time to kiss the bride!
This picture needs no caption... it was clear, their love was apparent for all of us to feel.
Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs!
Thanks for letting me be a part of your special day Kacee and Jonas. We wish you guys a lifetime of happiness. That the bumps in the road are small and few and that the joyous times are bountiful and plenty. Love to you both always.
Until next time,
Angie

No comments:
Post a Comment