Friday, August 5, 2016

If Noah were still here...

This summer I had the boys write in a journal daily.  They could write about any topic they liked.  My goal was to help them improve their writing skills, as well as grammatical proficiency.  There were several journals the boys shared with me this summer that made my heart feel so happy.  This is one of them.



I know it isn't just Dad and I that miss Noah, but all of us.  It makes me so happy and sad at the same time that our children have had to experience such loss, and at the same time, so happy in that Noah meant and still does mean so much to them as well as us.  I know each of the kids grieve the relationship and memories they never got to have with their little brother.  It is journal messages like the one Gabriel shared with me that remind me that we continue to be in this together.  As just like I have days when I miss him and grieve his physical absence in our family very openly and with great emotions, I am not the only one who is on this path.  We all are.

We all miss you little buddy.  We all long to have had things end differently.  And we want you to know that you are and will forever be loved... by all of us.

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment